Q-Sensei is an innovation leader in the data search and analysis space, and we’re growing. We’re looking for an ambitious, top-talent individual who is ready to make an impact and help push our company and the industry forward.
We’re growing our core team and need talented individuals to join us. We’re looking for a UI-focused full-time front-end engineer to take a leading role in our product development. Responsibilities include working closely with our product’s UI, helping direct our front-end strategy and technology stack, building a visualization framework, developing integrations for third-party applications using our API, and collaborating to identify innovative methods to stay above the trends. There may be a small degree of national and international travel.
Skills & Requirements
- Expert knowledge of HTML, CSS, and JS
- Passion for front-end technologies (stays current)
- Experience with producing data visualizations
- Ability to work with REST APIs
- Understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience working in a *nix environment
- 2+ years of relevant engineering experience
Nice Skills to Have
- Knowledge of technologies and concepts related to the semantic web (RDF, SPARQL, OWL, SKOS)
- Experience with Python (Pyramid is a plus)
- Well versed in data structures and database designn
- Experience with test-driven development practices for the front end
- Experience with JSON-LD
- Experience with git source code management
- Contributions to open-source projects
Q-Sensei is an innovation leader in the data search and analysis space, and we’re growing. Our goal is to really make an impact in the data space, not just for our company but for the industry as a whole.
Our office is in San Francisco with a view of the Oakland Bay Bridge and a Metro stop right outside our door. Expect all of the benefits of working with a small but fast-growing company, including stock options.
What We Offer
- Attractive salary in addition to participation in our options program
- Opportunity to work at a young and fast-growing company
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks paid vacation
- A work environment with fast decision-making, a high degree of self-reliance, and excellent opportunities for personal and career development
- Continuous learning opportunities and conference events, and most of all an environment of ambitious individuals